NEW YORK, Nov. 30, 2011 -- SNAP Interactive, Inc., a leading social application developer with over 54 million installs across its properties, is pleased to announce exciting gains in mobile traffic for its flagship AreYouInterested.com social dating brand on the heels of Facebook's launch of its Facebook Platform on mobile. On October 10, 2011, Facebook announced that it would be bringing all the social channels that have helped apps reach hundreds of millions of users on the Web to mobile apps and websites. Developers can now easily reach the millions of people who use Facebook every month on a mobile device, including iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Facebook's mobile website. The impact of this launch has been very significant for SNAP. Some highlighted recent gains in mobile, due in large part to the Facebook launch, include:
* Mobile-generated revenue currently represents nearly 10 percent of SNAP's total revenue.
* More than 12 percent of all daily logins to AreYouInterested.com currently take place through a mobile device.
* Average daily logins on the AreYouInterested.com iPhone app increased 70 percent since the launch of Facebook Platform Apps on Mobile.
* Average daily logins on the AreYouInterested.com mobile website increased 50 percent since the launch of Facebook Platform Apps on Mobile.
* Currently, the AreYouInterested.com iPhone app has more than 13,500 paid subscribers.
* The AreYouInterested.com iPhone app is currently the 5th highest grossing app in the iTunes App Store in the category of Free Social Networking in the U.S.
"Facebook launching apps on mobile devices is a very meaningful development for SNAP," said SNAP's President and Chief Executive Officer Clifford Lerner. "The impact is that SNAP gained valuable real estate on many more mobile devices literally overnight. This is because apps became integrated into Facebook's mobile app for easy discovery and engagement through the existing social channels, such as bookmarks. As a result, we have experienced considerable gains in traffic on our mobile products."
Lerner continued, "This launch once again demonstrates why it's so valuable to have a significant presence on Facebook. Opportunities to experience overnight gains of this magnitude are few and far between in business, but applications with large active user bases on Facebook find themselves in the enviable and unique position of being able to instantly benefit from exciting launches like this due to the increased access to social discovery and new distribution tools made available by Facebook. Innovating on mobile devices continues to be a core objective for SNAP and we feel we are well-positioned to be a leader in the mobile dating space and redefine how people date online and across mobile devices." (continued...)